SEEKING TO KNOW THE HEIGHT AND DEPTH OF THIS LOVE
- We can ask for revelation and understanding, of the Deep Love of God’s Heart… But God has revealed -the deep things- unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God..Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. (1 Cor 2:10-12)
- Personal meditation on the Word of God, made reality by the Spirit in our inner-man, is primarily His way to communicate His spiritual affections, His love touches our heart this way (Sos 1:2).
- Meditation is most effective by turning the Word into personal conversation with Jesus. As we do this we are giving our heart to Him and receiving His heart through the Word of God.
- And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little scroll. And he said, take it, and eat it up (Rev 10:9). To eat the scroll (bible) we take a verse and meditate, make it personal and pray it. Anointed loving meditation. A few related verses can have an hour’s worth of revelation.
- The sweetness of the Holy Spirit tenderizes our hearts through meditation on the Word. It is powerful as the Word of God kisses our hearts in this way.
- Isa 56:7 I will make them joyful in my house of prayer. For many in the church, prayer is not joyful until we see how Paul tied singing our Scriptural revelations to being filled with the Spirit in Eph 5:18. -What a revelation that music makes sustaining prayer easier! The Ihop model of singing passages of Scripture in Worship with the Word sets, facilitates encounter with the Holy Spirit, by unlocking the heart. See fire link on the right ->
- Meditation rewrites the “code” of our heart like a computer program writes data on a disk. When we have His words abiding in us, then John 14;23 can happen in greater measure. If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
The Mind Mouth Heart Method
Reading Scriptures gets them in our mind, and we need to love God with all of our mind, but speaking them over ourselves and speaking them to God, gets them in our heart. John 15:7 If my words abide in you..
Sos 1:2 Father, Let Him touch my heart with love by the Spirit and Word, for Your revelations and affections are better than the permissible pleasure of the world.
- Sos 1:4 The King has brought me into His chambers (take me to the secret place of Your Presence, Encounter – Your affections, help me to press in and connect with you, so I can feel your love and you can declare your Name to me.)
- The Revelation of Sos 1:3 “His name poured forth” speaks of the unique exaltation of His Name. It also speaks of His attributes being openly revealed to us, His beautiful personality, virtuous character, holiness, love, power, terrifying glory… and we fall in love. Oh the beauty of this Man!
- Jesus is not our ‘lover’ like some misinterpret, we don’t go on date-night with Jesus. Our relationship to the Bridegroom is sacred and holy. Our culture hardens our heart to the purity of love. This will change when Jesus returns, and in the church of Rev 22:17.