Interesting points from the last fcf service at ihop-kc.
- I must read the Bible as if it were God’s personal letter to me, because it is.
- It’s important that we come to the Bible expecting to learn and grow in our relationship with God. In the same way we grow stronger in our relationship with our spouse or a friend after a meaningful conversation, so it can be with God. Expect to encounter God.
- Bible study must create an active dialogue with the Person of God. Scripture gives us the “conversational material” in our talks with God. Using the Word makes prayer easier and more enjoyable. (John 5:39-40).
- We may not always “feel” the encounter or sense the relationship strengthening immediately. This is normal. In due time the fruit of God’s Word will be seen and felt. We must stay the course, with faith that our inner man is being renewed. (Eph 3:16).
- Each time we say what God says, it marks our mind and spirit and changes us. (Heb 4:16).
2And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind… (Rom. 12:2)